Copyright Basics: How to Protect Your Work from Piracy
Protect your most valuable asset - your intellectual property.
You’re an artist… a graphic designer… you’re writing a book… you’ve developed a website, you’re a photographer, you’ve recorded some great music.. .. you’re a start-up.
In that case, you really need to understand how to protect your intellectual property. It could be your most valuable asset- and the easiest to steal.
Someone breaks into Coca Cola’s premises and steals a truck. That’s easy to sort out. A truck is physical. Coca Cola owned the truck, they taxed it, they registered it. They even insured it against theft.
Your photos. Your designs. Your novel. Your music composition are your intellectual property, so you need to understand the basics of copyright protection.
What will you learn in this Copyright Basics: How to Copyright?
- The really basic stuff, like how to type a Copyright symbol © on your computer – you know, the little C in a circle in this copyright basics course.
- The difference between copyright, patenting and trade mark protection. Why protecting a product design is different from a graphic design.
- The ins and outs of registering copyright – and I’ll explain the dangers in using what’s called ‘Poor man’s Copyright’
- I’ll reveal all the misconceptions - and there are lots! For example – THERE IS NO EQUIVALENT of the Drugs Enforcement Agency. There ARE no copyright cops. There is no authority that will sort out disputes for you
- How to find out if someone has already registered a trademark
- How the music industry and book publishers are protecting themselves against internet Pirate sites.
And I’ll show you how, even as a one-man band, you can get someone who infringes your copyright to desist - without going to law.
In fact, I’ll share a real-life Case Study where another writer copied my own website - wholesale. How I stopped her in one day flat.
AND, I’ll give you lots of really useful links. Plus some interesting anecdotes and history about copyright to amuse you along the way.
Take this FREE Copyright Basics: course right now and learn how to copyright your intellectual property.
- 18,917 students worldwide
- 10 courses
- 377 reviews
For the past 20 odd years Len has run his own business, Copywriting On Demand. He works from home, writing copy for organisations around the world - and lots of them have become personal friends.
His biggest market is the USA, followed by the UK, the Arab states and the Netherlands. His business comes via the web and his website attracts more than 1,000 visits a day.
Clients are as diverse as Vodafone, The Finance Leasing Association, Lloyds, PricewaterhouseCoopers, a number of multinational pharmaceutical companies - even a TV 'Secret Millionaire'.
Married for more than 50 years (a world record?) he has three sons.
He lives in a rambling old vicarage in Yorkshire that has the distinction of having been built by the Brönte sisters’ Uncle Fennel. Charlotte’s earliest recorded letter was written from the vicarage during one of the children’s brief holidays there.
His interests have included competitive rallying (including an attempt at the Monte Carlo Rally and the Paris Marrakesh), and paragliding. These days he is content with art and opera.
Len can be contacted: [email protected]